Sunday 13 July 2014

Time for Angel Sparkles

Hello and a warm welcome to the lovely peeps who have signed up recently to follow.

As I am still struggling to find creative juices at the mo, I thought it easier to make yet another Christmas Tree ornament. I've left the photo dark in an attempt to show some of its sparkle but can't really capture it.


I started from scratch with a pile of fabric - some cream cotton batting, white felt and white muslin and then some cardstock. Using the TH pocketwatch die I cut one sheet of cardstock and two layers of cotton batting. Glued together a sandwich of cotton batting with CS in the centre for stiffness. Finger pasted lots of multi-matte medium to the front cotton batting and sprinkled on heaps of Distress glitter in clear rock candy. Sparkles galore! Then diecut the felt snowflake using a MFT die and rubbed on lots of Stickles 'Frosted Lace' to front of snowflake. Next, stamped the lovely Angel (by Stempleglede 'Vintage Christmas') onto Lesley Riley 'Transfer Artist Paper' using Archival Ink in 'Sepia'. Ironed the stamped image to the muslin fabric. Affixed the fabric image to snowflake and adorned with a pearl border. Then glued on 8 Swarovski crystals (for even more sparkle!). I lightly edged the outer rim with Stickles 'Mercury Glass' to maximise this glitz opportunity!. Finally attached grosgrain bow that I had stiched two little jingle bells to. Now all I need is a Christmas Tree!

Any ideas please ?: I also tried stamping onto TAP with Archival ink in shades of 'Hydrangea' and 'Red Geranium'. When I ironed the TAP to cloth alas the blue turned to a murky green shade and the red to a dark orange. If anyone has successfully used TAP and achieved true blue and red shades on fabric I would be grateful to learn how you did it?

Thank-you so much for taking the time. Wishing you a lovely week ahead.

Nicola x

I wish to enter ornament to the following challenges:
A Vintage Journey - Dies and Distress
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Start From Scratch
Sugar Creek Hollow - It's Charming
Winter Wonderland Challenge - Three of Threes (Three fabric layers)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Let's Be Clear - See 'Clear Rock Candy' glitter

26 comments:

  1. Nicola I just love your Christmas tree ornament. I must have taken you ages.
    Sue one of your new followers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful Christmas tree ornament Nicola. Excellent.
    To capture the sparkle I generally use two light sources from two different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!! Just so elegant and intricate! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous ! what a wonderful , delicate and beautiful piece x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful adornment for the Christmas tree Nicola, I love the design and gorgeous sparkle. Thanks for bringing it aboard A Vintage Journey for us all to see.
    Hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think our mojos are on holiday together then Nicola, slow going at this wend as well.

    But looks like your might be making a comeback, this is such a pretty piece and I can visulaise it picking up the seasonal sparkle.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nicola, I love this, its stunning!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful, I love the vintage feel.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Nicola, your ornament is absolutely stunning, I love the beautiful picture in the centre and I think the sparkles show up really well. So beautiful!

    Sorry, I cannot help with the TAP, I have a packet which is still unopened. I know that Crafty Individuals sell it, so Jean there, may be able to help?

    Thanks too for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to use the pocket watch die as shape for your Christmas ornament! It's a gorgeous little decorative piece, it will look lovely on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredibly beautiful and yes, that sparkle shines through to the rest of blogland Nicola. I haven't used TAP personally but would follow up on Anne's idea or email Lynne from Adorn who is incredibly clever with fabric and lace. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicola, this is so pretty and will look gorgeous next to your mittens and elf boots on your tree. I have this stamp too and adore how she looks on Christmas projects.
    Take care Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ornament Nicola! Your mojo is right there - and could you actually send some my way as I need to start making some Christmas stuff and cannot come up with anything winter related yet? Big hugs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Nicola! What a gorgeous project! Love all the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nicola...your Christmas decoration is beautiful with a stunning sparkle.
    Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is so gorgeous Nicola, a delightful Christmas ornament!!! Sorry to comment only now, I'm completely overbooked with many (too many!) different things.. :( Hope you are going well and have a good summer start. Take care, hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicola, your Christmas ornament is stunning! I love the image and the sparkle is so lovely. Love the snowflake on the pocket watch. Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous ornament Nicola, love it! The image and snowflake are beautiful. So glad you joined us again at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very pretty! The image and all the sparkle are so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous, delicate snowflake bauble, Nicola - with a nostalgic vintage glow to it... just lovely! Thank you so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.

    You seem to me to be doing okay without, but I hope Mr Mojo comes lolloping back soon!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would you believe that I finally took the tree down on the 8th? It lasted a good 7 months. Otherwise I'd offer to let you hang these ornaments on mine. I said it before but your Christmas decorations are on such a high level of professionalism. They are just amazing to look at. You have done an incredible job with the die cut shapes and the festiveness just oozes off of it!
    Beautiful work from a tree decorating maniac! :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm loving all your Christmas inspiration Nicola, Just Gorgeous!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet vintage Christmas ornament, Nicola! Love it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very sweet Nicola... I love this... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you! Your visit and comment is very much appreciated. Nicola x