Thursday 4 October 2012

The Teddy Bears' Picnic

Hello from lovely bright day in Dublin.

Some days ago when I saw the photo inspiration challenge over at Our Creative Corner it evoked memories of childhood summers in Ireland. To me the photo, showing checkered cloth, food outdoors and countryside meant one thing - a picnic (even in the rain sometimes). Thus I've made my card today to celebrate the most famous picnic of them all;


Base CS is Bazzill. Background paper (with burlap and pawprint pattern) is from Creative Imaginations. I cut wooden texture CS (by Gmund for G.Lalo) to form a picture frame. Next up I stamped several mulberry paper diecut trees with music stamp (Anna Griffin 580K21) using Brilliance Ink in Peacock. Made some bunting with a strawberry pattern fabric. The 'tablecloth' is a tag wrapped in plaid ribbon. The cake slices are from Felt Frenzy (Queen & Co) - a freebie from Frantic Stamper. I printed out some banners with lyrics from 'The Teddy Bears Picnic' song and smudged them with Ranger DI Vintage Photo. In photoshop I used free brushes from Gutterlily10 and printed 4 teddies. Inked them with Vintage Photo. Then dressed the little critters with gems and tartan bows that I was thrilled I had in my stash! Added pearls to cake slices (Kaisercraft), charms, gems (Hero Arts), branches (Martha Stewart punch) and buttons to finish. Not too sure if I've gone too far off the theme from photo, but I did have fun!

I hope those Teddies make it home in time for bed!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Nicola x

I'm entering card for the following challenges;
Our Creative Corner - Its a 'howdy' challenge
Tuesday Throwdown - "Cute & Cuddly"
Divas by Design - Use Some Texture
DisDigiDesigns - Animals acting like people

7 comments:

  1. Last night I decided to do some blog 'housekeeping'. I deleted almost a week's worth of comments from blogger dashboard thinking they were saved in posts as they had been published. Having deleted several days from dashboard I was horrified when I realised my error! I will do my upmost now to figure out how to restore the deleted comments. Anxiously, Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. has left a new comment on your post "The Teddy Bears' Picnic":

    What an adorable card, luv all your little elements. Ü
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I pretty much threw everything except the kitchen sink at it! I later thought that I should have given them little napkins too! Nicola x

      Delete
  3. I wanted to enter the OCC challenge this time, but I don't think I'll have the time! Love all the material you've used on this...so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab creation! So much detail and so different to other's work. Thanks for joining us at Di's digi designs this fortnight. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you! Your visit and comment is very much appreciated. Nicola x