Saturday 13 October 2012

"All that is gold does not Glitter"

Hello from a gorgeous bright crisp autumn day in Dublin. Sorry for my absence over last couple of days. My card today definitely reflects the day outside.



Base CS Bazzill. Onto La Blanche specialty stamping paper I stamped two images with versamark - a) the central image (Tim Holtz C0M004 Time) and b) the outer border (La Blanche Clock Background 1297). I then heat embossed both images with clear embossing powder. I inked, dried, re-inked etc the stamped images with various Distress Inks and Windsor & Newton gold calligraphy ink. Placed the 'Time' image in the centre and built up several 'bordering' layers using angel hair paper, mesh, crepe paper, regular paper and cheesecloth. I cut the 'clocks' image to form the final uppermost border. Printed quotation from my printer and edged with Distress Ink. Sparsely embossed some leaves and clock hands with Distress Embossing powder to give slight rust effect. (I couldn't go any heavier with rusting as the 'leaves' kept melting under heat gun!). I punched some branches using Martha Stewart punch to decorate. Affixed quotes to complete.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope your weekend is filled with brightness. Nicola x

I'm entering card to the following challenges;
Live and Love Crafts - Halloween and/or Autumn Colours
Vintage Elusions - Autumn Colours / Anything Goes
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Autumn
The Artistic Stamper - The Natural World
Victorine Stamps - Lots of Layers
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Autumn
Papercraft Star - Fall Colors
Craft Your Passion - Hip to be Square
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Rustification
Joanna Sheen - Autumn Breeze

28 comments:

  1. Very nice work :) I really like the watch hands which seem to pop out from the background! It looks great, iz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy. Fab start to your own blog! Nicola x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and lovely Autumn colours,thank you for joining us at Cupcake this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicola, thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I've now found your blog in return and become a follower of yours. You have a fabulous blog and I look forward to seeing your future creations.
    Good luck in my candy draw.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the pop of gold color!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne. Loved the Design Team inspirations. x

      Delete
  5. What a lovely card...great imagery and coloring. Thanks for joining the challenge at Vintage Elusions! ~wendy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still laughing here!!! A card?!? Whatever darling! This is a canvas of layered wonderment, full of inky goodness and oozing with vintage grunginess, a feast for mine eyes!!! I love it! Still trying to figure out the white. Is it embossed? Amazing work there in Dublin!!! Do you have a spare room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Anita, thanks so much - you're definitely making me smile. Yes, the stamping paper has been stamped with versamark and clear embossed. I've just edited post as I hadn't explained about the embossing. I love all your enthusiasm! Nicola x

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous autumn card! Love the beautiful colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is stunning!!! Love how you added the clock hands to the stamped clock image!! Thanks for joining us at CYP for our Hip to be Square challenge! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Alethea. Nicola x

      Delete
  9. Hi Nicola,
    WOW; these are the kind of cards I wish I could make. Such gorgeous play with the inks. Messy and grungy, yet it all comes together in perfect harmony! Very inspiring; thanks so much for sharing with us @LLC.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, thank-you! This wouldn't be my style at all (much more a pretty bow type of gal) but I decided to give it a go! Almost threw it out halfway through as I thought it such a mess, but thankfully 'the dots joined up'. Nicola x

      Delete
  10. Love the depth of colour and the sentiments too. Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Artyjen. The design team work at The Artistic Stamper is truly inspirational. Nicola x

      Delete
  11. What a gorgeous card, i love the stamp and the scene you've created, very artistic
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Nicola! Thanks for sharing for our Autumn Breeze challenge at Joanna Sheen! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely wonderful, Nicola!

    Love these loads of texture!!! Very beautifully done!!

    Greetings from Vienna,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous!I have that stamp but I've never seen it look at great as that!Thanks for sharing it with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous!I have that stamp but I've never seen it look at great as that!Thanks for sharing it with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you! Your visit and comment is very much appreciated. Nicola x