Sunday 30 September 2012

Greenfingers

Hello again! Last tuesday I noticed a photo inspiration challenge over at Loves Rubber Stamps . Often when I see an image or buy a new stamp I'll first work out in my head how the card will eventually look (although that then doesn't always work out!) Yesterday I finally got the time to 'put to paper' my interpretation of the lovely photo.


CS is Bazzill. First layer - green CS wrapped in white lace paper. Next layer - white CS edged variously with green stitched ribbons or Martha Stewart edger punch. Because the photo inspiration was so focused on what the little girl was wearing I decided I would stamp on cloth. Image is by La Blanche (#1204 Big Straw Hat) stamped onto white muslin. Ink is Ranger Archival Ink - Viridian. I stitched the muslin to some white CS with markings by SewEasy. (You can likely tell sewing is not my strongpoint!). The exquisite venise lace trimmings come from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I added Karen Foster metal charms (watering can and garden fork), having first painted them with Antik Metallic Silver paint for shine. (I reckoned that this little girl would only use tools that had some polish!). I punched little flowers (Woodware) and gave them pearl centres (Kaisercraft). To complete, I added little bows and water droplets (Hero Arts).

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope a great week is in store for you...

Thank-you for the following challenges that I am entering card to:
Loves Rubber Stamps - Photo Inspiration
PaperPlay Challenges - Flowers and Lace
Crafty Catz - Lace and Ribbons
Do You Stack Up - Scallops
GingerLoft Challenge - Stitching real or faux
Joanna Sheen - Down In The Garden
Sweet Stampin' - Vintage
Frilly & Funkie - Sunday Share
Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
Platypus Creek Digitals - Pearls & Lace

15 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is so cool, love how you stamped on the cloth and the effect. So beautiful. Fabulous design and color. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I decided to do some blog 'housekeeping'. I deleted almost a week's worth of comments from blogger dashboard thinking they were saved in posts as they had been published. Having deleted several days from dashboard I was horrified when I realised my error! I will do my upmost now to figure out how to restore the deleted comments. Anxiously, Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is unusual! :) What a gorgeous design. Love the soft shades and embellies, its fabulous! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the stamping on fabric the delicate colours are lovely. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Vintage Stamping Challenge. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I think you've returned one of my lost comments for me. Thanks so much. I spent hours trying to retrieve! Hugs, Nicola

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh,this card is absoltuly stunning,i loved the blue image,very beautiful soft colors,the fabcric tsyle is all my favorit,totaly fantastic art work.

    Hugs Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely! Such a fab idea and it works so well
    Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen
    Hugs
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so beautiful, Nicola! The stamping on the fabric is wonderful and the colors are lovely! The Venice lace is the frosting on the cake. Just stunning. So great to have you sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - yes that lace is just gorgeous and gives the card some va va voom! Nicola x

      Delete
  8. A beautiful piece of art, great use of the fabric. Thanks for joining us at VSC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'A piece of art' - thanks so much Silvia. Nicola x

      Delete

Thank-you! Your visit and comment is very much appreciated. Nicola x