Monday 24 September 2012

Autumn Leaf

Hello. Dublin today was Wet! Wet! Wet! (but no Marti Pellow alas!) Speaking of the weather outside - here is my take on autumn;


Base CS by Bazzill. Next vellum layer by Laura Ashley. Next layer Stardream. I then printed a leaf shape from photoshop for outline. I inked up a melange of cardstock and vellum with a mix of Ranger Distress Inks and gilding wax (Lefranc & Bourgeois) to achieve varying autumnal hues (both sides of papers). Also painted some jute ribbon with inks. I then scrunched up the paper (the vellum lended itself really well to this). Next, I punched (a lot) of leaves with Woodware punch. I glued the leaves building for 3D effect. Also backed printout with 5 skeleton leaves (Anitas) to give it some definition. Dabbed the leaves randomly with some Ranger Distress Crackle Paint and Inkssentials Glossy Accents. Left it overnight to dry. I 'distressed' some cheesecloth with Ranger Distress EP Vintage Photo. Also, painted a Prima wooden timepiece with Distress Crackle Paint. Ditto to a Tim Holtz Ideology Gamespinner to age it. Added jute ribbon, crushed velvet ribbon and twine.

Hope my leaf card brings you warm and happy thoughts. Thanks for visiting.

I'm entering card to the following challenges;
4 Crafty Chicks - Leaves
Papertake Weekly Challenge - A Hazy Shade of Autumn
Divas by Design - Lovely layers
My Craft Spot - Falling Leaves
Frilly and Funkie - Fall into Fall
Creative Inspirations Paint - Fall Colors
Just Some Lines - Lets Celebrate Fall
Alota Rubber Stamps - 3D Fall
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Autumn Colors and Ribbon
Clearly Inspired - Fall into Fall

34 comments:

  1. Cool, now that is a lot of leaves...nicely done! Thanks for joining our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a fabulous card. All the leaves on top of the leaf looks so neat and I love the burlap and twine! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the maples leaves. Great job. I was in Dublin last year and I loved it. I found it to be a very friendly city.

    Barb Smith from Toronto, Canada - land of the Maple Leaf
    http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb. Hope you were in Dublin during the one or two days that the sun shone! My late Dad lived in Toronto for a couple of years during the 1940s - he had great memories and nostalgia for Canada. I visited British Columbia a few years ago - really stunning region. Nicola

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what an amazing project, those leaves look amazing!! A true labour of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Astrid. Love your beautiful Christmas card today. Nicola

      Delete
  6. wow, this is awesome...I luv it!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Teresa. Your own Autumn card is gorgeous. Nicola x

      Delete
  7. WOW, this is fantastic! So fabulous, so brilliant. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your good wishes CG. Nicola x

      Delete
  8. You had me at Hello Dublin! Wish I was included in that! I totally love your project...gorgeous leaves and so many! Wonderful layers and fibers as well! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanku so much Anita. I love all your own creations - they are indeed art! Nicola x

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much Bonnie and thanku for the challenge. Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwwwwwwww this is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for parti. in rrr challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherry, thanku for liking!! Great challenge. Nicola

      Delete
  11. stunning fall themed card - love the leaves !!!
    thanks for joining the challenge at JSL this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Wendy. Loved making this card and its great to have such a lovely response. Nicola

      Delete
  12. This is gorgeous! LOVE the fall colors!!! SOOOO glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Hope your daughter loves her gorgeous teddy balloons card! Nicola

      Delete
  13. Beautiful card!!! LOVE it and love all the details!!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I think my comment didnt go through :( But I wanted to say your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the details in this, and wanted to Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for admiring Cheryl. All this praise is lovely to receive. Nicola x

      Delete
  15. Wow! that is a lot of work but oh so worth it. Whoever receives this card must be mighty special!
    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge #60 - Fall into Fall. Hope to see you on 10/5/12 when the new challenge is posted and the winners for September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very many thanks Kathy D. I loved the DT work. See you for another challenge. Nicola

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Hi Kristi,
      Thank-you for becoming my 6th follower!
      Hugs,
      Nicola

      Delete
  17. Last night I decided to do some blog 'housekeeping'. I deleted almost a week's worth of comments from blogger dashboard thinking they were saved in posts as they had been published. Having deleted several days from dashboard I was horrified when I realised my error! I will do my upmost now to figure out how to restore the deleted comments. Anxiously, Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  18. has left a new comment on your post "Autumn Leaf":

    Wow this is a sensational fall card. Love the leaf design with all those little leaves put together and that colour combo is absolutely stunning. Thanks for playing at Just Some Lines and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. genialna karteczka , bardzo przypadła mi do gustu

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you! Your visit and comment is very much appreciated. Nicola x