Sunday 16 September 2012

Loving Wedding Wishes

Hello again. Thanks to all for very welcome comments on my creations so far. Today I'd like to share a wedding card I've made.



I've used a cream Bazzill cardstock as base. I cut a rectangle of SEI Velvet Paper (Coconut)and shaped the top two corners with Fiskars punch. I also used a Martha Stewart edge punch and threaded organza ribbon thru the punched paper. I cut another rectangle of SEI Velvet Paper (Porcelain) and attached vintage lace to it using Basic Grey brads. Added a cream skeleton leaf that I had rubbed with gold gilding paste by Lefranc and Bourgeois. Then, I wrapped a tag with a luscious silk based paper that is gold embossed with wedding rings theme, this paper feels like fabric. I wound two different types of lace across centre and base of tag. Added a little bouquet of white roses with cream satin ribbon wound around stems. I painted three Making Memories wedding 'metal word fetti' with a pearlescent mix I made from Perfect Pearls. Used a narrower satin ribbon to hold the 'word fetti' together. Again used the gold gilding paste to age the 7 Gypsies 'French Enamel' - Je t'aime. Made a bow with my Boweasy using May Arts Silk ribbon and topped that off with a Prima white cameo rose. Added more little bows and crystals to top corners. Finally punched two velvet hearts and decorated them with pearls.

I'm entering this card to the following challenges;
Sir Stampalot Challenge - September - Photo Inspiration
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.ie/
Southern Girls Challenge - Bling Bling
http://www.southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.in/
The Pink Elephant - Wedding/Anniversary
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.ie/
Creative Harmony Blogspot - Almost White
http://creativeharmony.blogspot.ie/
Live and Love Crafts Blogspot= Lovely lace, terrific trim
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-3-lovely-lace-terrific-trim.html
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Lace and Pearls

Hope you have a sunny day to complete a happy weekend!


19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful take on our inspiration photo! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge, and good luck.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lynne. I interpreted the picture as a scene of a bride preparing for her wedding with her little flower girl. My mind thus produced a wedding card incorporating lace, rose bouquet etc.

      Delete
  2. gorgeous! love your vintage/shabby-styled creation:) thanks for playing along at The PInk Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning piece of work, love all the chunky texture you have used. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and thank you for entering the challenge on my blog.
    Your card is so stylish and so beautifully laid out.
    I adore the mini bouquet and the little word plates, they remind me of number plates and they fit perfectly with your layout.
    Please may I ask your name as I cannot find it anywhere on your blog?
    Regards Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Linda. I really appreciate your compliments. I'm Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicola,
    Stunning vintage colours and card. Love the details on your tag; very eye-catching. Thanks for joining LLC's lace/ribbon challenge this month.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card :) Good luck in the LLC challange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! so gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Pearls & lace challenge this month.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you! Your visit and comment is very much appreciated. Nicola x